Becoming a Social Media Manager
Learn step-by-step how to launch your own business from home!
I will walk you through not just some business basics to get you up and running, we will cover the systems and tools I use each day to onboard new clients, keep them organized, create strategies, an amazing customer experience, land new clients, and set up a workflow that allows you to add to your own team as your business grows!
So, who am I?
Highschool for me was torture. I had severe anxiety which was one of the reasons I dropped out and got my GED. Using all of the web design, photography, and growing social media skills I landed my first social media job while I was attending a local two year community college.
After having my daughters I realized I NEEDED MORE FREEDOM and that I could use all of my skills to help other small businesses with social media. I launched Pierce Social in July of 2016 and gave my notice at my 9 to 5 only 3 months later in October!
Now I am helping others do the same! I have a variety of ways to work with me to help grow your business. Want to read more about how I quit my job in only 90 days? Read below!
You will get:
- Access to Kaitlyn via our private Facebook group just for students.
- Downloads & workbooks to make the most of each lesson
- Building a Persona Workbook
- Branding Your Business Checklist
- 17 page Client Onboarding Workbook
- Social Media Reporting Template
- Pre-filled Social Media Management Business Budget Spreadsheet
- My Custom Trello Boards for Your To Steal!
Includes access to our exclusive Facebook Community to connect directly with Kaitlyn and other students to get feedback, ask questions, and find support!
Since taking Kaitlyn’s program I’ve gone from having a couple of paying customers and several non paying customers to all paying customers, and it looks like I’ll be grossing over $100K this year!!!! Thank you so much, Kaitlyn for giving me the validation and confidence I needed to make my business successful. I’m preparing to hire a business manager, as well as an assistant so that I can continue taking on new clients. The sky is the limit and I couldn’t be more thankful for everything I learned from you and my course mates!
This course was all around amazing. It touched every area you will need to learn as a Social Media Manager. Even if you’ve been doing this for a while, you will find some valuable information and resources here. Kaitlyn is a pro and she was VERY generous with her knowledge and information. I was confidently ready to launch by the end of this course. I thought she did everything short of doing it for me. She shared a lot of valuable information and resources.
Working with Kaitlyn has helped me to become clearer on my processes and boosted my confidence as a social media manager. She’s easy to talk to and I feel comfortable asking her any questions, even the silly little ones! Thanks to Kaitlyn, I have polished my client onboarding process which I feel is now more helpful, professional and streamlined. I’m looking forward to working with her more throughout my SMM business journey. Highly recommended!
Your Target Client
- Download Me First — Building a Persona Workbook
- Target Client Checklist
- Who do you want to help & Why? What Connects You?
- Creating Your Client Persona/Avatar
- How to Use the Persona & Where to Find Them
- Using The Target Client Workbook & Checklist
Your Branding and
Social Media Presence
- Branding Checklist
- Who You Are and Where to Find You
- Naming Your Business
- Creating a Simple Brand Guide
- Purchasing a Domain Name – How to Choose
- Your Website
- DOWNLOAD – Social Media Manager – Sample Budget Spreadsheet
- Becoming a Social Media Manager – Get Legal Check List
- Understanding Your Magic Number
- Budgeting for Your Business
- [ACCESS & MAKE A COPY] Business Operations Trello Board
- Getting Your Business Legal & Contract Overview
Your Services & Packages
- What Will My Days Look Like?
- Identify Specific Needs in Your Niche
- Determine Your Pricing Model
- List Out The Tasks Involved PLUS Examples
- How To Turn It Into Packages
- Examples of Packages & Pricing
- Pricing Ranges – A Breakdown
- Putting It All Together
Simple Social Media Reporting
- [DOWNLOAD] Simple Social Media Report
- Facebook Reporting
- Pinterest Reporting
- Instagram Reporting
Tools and Systems for
- Dubsado Signup & Setup Links
- [DOWNLOAD] Client On-boarding Workbook
- Client Lead Capture & Automating Workflows – Intro to Dubsado
- Project & Client Task Management –Intro to Trello
- [ACCESS & MAKE A COPY] Lead & Client Onboarding Trello Board
- Using the Lead & Client Onboarding Trello Board
- [ACCESS & MAKE A COPY] Client Communications Trello Board
- Using the Client Communications Trello Board
- [ACCESS & MAKE A COPY] SMM Weekly Tasks Workflow Trello Board
- How To Manage All of Your Client’s Weekly Tasks – Trello Board
- Choosing an Accounting Tool (Intro to Wave Apps)
- Client Meetings and Scheduling Tools
Tools for Social Media Management
- Creator Studio for Facebook & Instagram
- Instagram – Later and Planoly
- Pinterest – Tailwind (Also for Instagram)
- Twitter & Linkedin
- SmarterQueue – Content Libraries
- Hootsuite & Buffer – Twitter & Linkedin (Plus more)
- Benefits of Tools & Takeaways
Graphics & Facebook Ads
- How to Create Graphics – Canva Introduction
- Facebook Ad – Introduction & Inspiration
- Facebook Ads – Creating Audiences
- Facebook Ads – Facebook Pixel Introduction
- Facebook Ads – Campaign Objectives
- Facebook Ads – Optimizing Ad Sets & Budget
- Facebook Ads – Creating Ads
- Facebook Ads – Testing Audiences
- Facebook Ads – What to Charge
Running Your Social Media Business
- Growing Your Email List- Opt-Ins & Intro to Funnels
- The Sales Call- Creating a Script & Process to Close the Sale
- The Fortune is in the Followup
- Using Facebook Groups to Gain Clients
- Getting Testimonials and Getting Credibility